This is a picture of my mom with Raegan and my aunt Kathy with Chasen. Raegan and Chasen are about 2 months apart which is kind of funny because Casey and I are about 6 weeks apart, me being older. I am sure a picture very similar to this was taken a little more than 26 years ago.

February is also the month of Hailey's birthday. She was 6 years old on February 13. However I am very sad to say that we actually didn't have a birthday party for her. The pictures you see below are of an impropt to celebration with a cake and my parents and Amanda and Levi and Megan.
Hailey has a tendency to be a very naughty girl at home and I kept threating to take away her birthday if she didn't start to be good at home. Well as you can imagine it did not get better so I decided to hold to my threat and she did not get a friend party. So the day finally got here and I asked her if she was bummed that she didn't get a party and she said "No, I got one at school."
As her mother I should not be surprised. Everytime I try to scare her or upset her into doing better it backfires right into MY face. Like the time I told her if she didn't hurry up I would leave her at home and go to Wal-Mart without her. Well she did not hurry and I drove away of course turning right around down the street hoping to come back to a crying child that would hurry up the next time. NOPE!!! Instead I come back to a little girl on her scooter going to meet me at Wal-Mart. Oh yeah, you read right. I have no idea what to do with this child, but I do know that I love her so so much. And 6 years ago I came home on Valentine's Day with the best sweetheart.

Brian was trying to help blow out the trick candels!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
I always make heart shape pancakes for Valentine's Day breakfast. It is just a fun little thing I do. The kids think it is awesome!!

Dusty said he looked horrible and I said I looked worse so here is the disclaimer. These pictures were obviously taken before showers were!! 
Raegan's newest discovery!! Can you guess??

If you didn't guess she has discovered how to spit and blow bubbles. I hope you can see all the spit and slobber on her chin. She is very proud of herself. Everyday now is something new. It is amazing how much and how fast they learn from now on.
Whoa! When you blog, you BLOG! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got the flower girls picture up. SO STINKIN' CUTE. You have 2 beautiful girls!
And Brian and Josh... too funny!
Do you have some kind of mold for your pancakes? Or is it a cut-out?
But my favorite is the drool. I hadn't seen that one yet! She's gorgeous! Getting cuter all the time!
P.S. CUTE table...Where did you get it? :) (Seriously! It looks so great!!!I love it!)
ReplyDeleteI love the story of Hailey and her amazing stubborness...I am glad to hear that another mom threats her children and has to follow through. We just went through something similar! I threatened to take away Aspen's hair bows and I had to. It was hard to set my pride aside and have Aspen look like an orphan for a few days and guess what it really didn't faze her to much! Maybe the first day but that was it!!! I swear, these little ones are so stubborn. Your blog is so cute and you have adorable kids! I love the Valentines pancake idea! What a fun tradition :)
ReplyDeleteHow much fun! I love your pictures and your stories! Kistine can relate with Hailey :) Seems like all is well and you have an amazingly beautiful little girl! She has an adorable smile too :)
ReplyDelete