Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter

This is us dying our Easter eggs. I know it is going to be a lot more crazy next year with 3 coloring the eggs. Hailey is too focused to say cheese. She takes it very seriously!
He is so cute. My little buddie!
Brian got a really cool egg kit this year. He made monster eggs complete with eyes, mouths and crazy hair! He thought they were so cool!



Easter Morning :)
We have the nicest older lady living next door to us now. A few weeks ago she asked me if my kids hunted Easter eggs and I told her of course. She later told Dusty that she would hide some eggs outside her house for them to find. She put candy and change in them. She just went way beyond what she needed to do.
So here are the kids telling her thank you!
And finding the eggs in front of her house.




Next we went to Grandma's and Grandpa's house to hunt Easter eggs. My dad just loves to hide the eggs for them. We can't wait for next year to have a couple more little ones running around finding eggs (Raegan and Emilynn).
Brian was certainly on a mission! Gotta find some more!!
Look what I found Grandma!!
Raegan was chewing on a plastic egg Papa picked up for her along the way. Papa took stroller duty so I could take pictures.

My parents and my kids. These guys are almost inseperable.
Too too cute!!
This year our Easter celebration was not at the top of its game. Normally we also have a big lunch with everybody, but there was just a lot going on. Amanda and Emilynn were still in the hospital and my Grandma's husband Corky was very ill. He was battling cancer so my Grandma could not leave him and my mom for very long either. It was more played by ear than anything. My parents just came up to their house for the egg hunt really quick and then had to get back down to my Grandma's to help. The kids didn't miss the lunch and really won't remember the year we didn't have our normal Easter, so everything worked out just fine. (the adults probably missed lunch though, I know I did!) We lost Corky the next week, but we are all grateful that he is not having to suffer any more and we know that he is in a better place.

1 comment:

  1. I love the monster eggs. So cute. Sorry to hear about Corky.

    ReplyDelete